Lynx Cabernet Franc 2017
- 100% Cabernet Franc
- Richly layered, black currants, savoury, slightly minty, liquorice and black olives
- Firm but smooth tannin structure
- Olive & Pine Nut Crusted Lamb Chop with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto & Lavender-Pea Risotto
- Harvested early in the morning and cold soaked for 7 days at 11˚C
- Fermentation over 8 days with 5 punch downs a day
- 9 days post-ferment maceration
After the harvesting of the grapes, the grape must, has been cold soaked for 7 days at a temperature of 7°C. Thereafter it was fermented for 8 days in open concrete tanks with 5 punch downs a day. Finally, the wine was oaked for 12 months in French and European oak 30% new oak, 20% second fill and the rest an even split between third to fifth fill barrels.
Drinking well now, but perfect after aging for 2-7 years.
Platters Wine Guide: 88 Points
Tim Atkinson: 93 Points