Lynx Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Leather, black fruit and cassis on the nose
- Sumptuous, rich and seamless wood integration
- Firm but smooth tannin structure
- Wild Boar Ragout with Cinnamon & Cloves
- Harvested early in the morning and cold soaked for 7 days at 11˚C
- Fermentation over 8 days with 5 punch downs a day
- 9 days post-ferment maceration
After the harvesting of the grapes the must has been cold soaked for 7 days at a temperature of 7°C. Thereafter it was fermented for 8 days in open concrete tanks with 5 punch downs a day. Finally, the must was oaked for 12 months in French and European oak 30% new oak, 20% second fill and the rest an even split between third to fifth fill barrels.
Drinking well now, but perfect after aging for 3-7 years.
Platters Wine Guide: 87 Points
Tim Atkinson: 94 Points