Lynx SMG 2017
- 70% Shiraz
- 15% Mourvèdre
- 15% Grenache
- A rich, full bodied wine with rich peppery spice, liquorice and forest floor.
- Distinctively Shiraz-like with barnyard notes and anise, it is however softened with delicate floral and dark fruit notes on the pallet.
- Pair with Cranberry and Arugula Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- Harvested early in the morning and allowed to cold soak for 5 days at 11˚C.
- Temperature was then raised to 18˚C to allow for partial natural fermentation.
- Punch downs every 5 hours during fermentation.
- Post ferment maceration of 9 days.
After the harvesting of the grapes the must has been cold soaked for 7 days at a temperature of 7°C. Thereafter it was fermented for 8 days in open concrete tanks with 5 punch downs a day. Finally, the must was oaked for 12 months in French, European and American (20%) oak, 30% new oak, 20% second fill and the rest an even split between third to fifth fill barrels. Shortly before bottling the components where chosen and blended.
Aged for 12 Months in French and European Oak.
Perfect to enjoy now and can age a further 4-6 years.
Platters Wine Guide: 86 Points